A post is coming soon about all the cool furniture I was able to find over the past weekend for very reasonable prices. But I want to wait until it's all here (via UPS, etc.) so I can include a complete picture. For now, I'll just say that Craigslist (and its methods) worked for me.
But, today, I'll offer a quick update on my efforts following the South Beach diet. I have shed a couple more pounds since the last time I posted about it, but I tend to hover for the most part and then get rid of one or two pounds. I don't know if that's because I haven't really added exercise to my schedule yet or if there's some other reason. I keep fitting into my clothes better and better, so even if I'm not necessarily appearing skinnier, I continue to see practical benefits. And I fully believe that the lower glycemic thing is good for me to continue doing. I'm trying to have at least one meal a day with veggies or fruit instead of whole grains. But I'm way into lattes made with sugar-free syrup. I'm still getting calcium and protein from the milk, so it can't be that bad for me, right? I got a free one today because my frequent-buyer punch card (at Espresso Royale) was filled.
Conan O'Brien was on 60 Minutes on Sunday, and I DVRed it. It reminded me that I miss him and I think he's really great. He's clearly a hard worker and has managed to make a living with his creativity. I tried to get tickets to his show in Chicago, but they sold out too fast. Anyway, the interview is embedded below. Enjoy!
Watch CBS News Videos Online
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment