First, the New Art Film Festival is still going on at The Art Theater in downtown Champaign. You should go if you can, to support local films and the local film community. I went for a bit the opening night, and I'm going to try really hard to make it tomorrow and/or Tuesday.
But the main inspiration for this post was to say I had a shopping trip this evening where I found some good items. Also, because of sales and because I used a giftcard and got credit for returning something, I only netted about fifteen dollars of expenses. Not too shabby. Part of my objective was to get some prints to add to my spring/summer wardrobe. I already have too many solid colors. I hope this post doesn't make it look like I'm spending frivolously. Note the discounts and whatnot.
Here's what I got: (some were so old or new that pics weren't available on the stores' Web sites anymore, so I took my own photos for those.)


I think they will make my outfit choices this season a little more interesting! The last one, the jacket, I found several weeks ago but didn't buy. Because I waited, the price was reduced quite a bit, and it fits me better now too.
Last but not least, I should be getting a pretty good refund on my taxes. I'm thinking about using part of it to buy furniture:

What do you guys think about those chairs? I haven't decided on a pattern yet, and I'm only thinking about getting one.

Love the clothes and shoes. So fun! And way to spend thriftily.
ReplyDeleteThe chairs are rocking too. I've been bored with our furniture and want to get a sweet armchair with a cool print, so rock the prints, I say!
Marie, thanks so much! I appreciate the input about the chairs too :). I hope you guys find a good one to get.
ReplyDeleteI love the prints!! And yes hurray for thrifty purchases! That is where it is at :o)
ReplyDeleteI love the chairs too!! Total vote in favor of them! Then I need to come visit so I can sit on one ;)