Wednesday, April 14, 2010

four updates for mid-April

I've been visiting a local coffee shop more often lately to have focused blocks of writing time. It's the one coffee shop (that I know of) in the area that's not on campus and is open past 10:00 p.m. Somehow I can ignore distractions there more than at home. I'm not sure who first said "writing is rewriting," but that's what I was doing tonight.

The New Art Film Festival, celebrating local filmmakers, begins on Thursday in downtown Champaign. Check it out.

I am enjoying the beautiful spring weather this week! So ideal. I hope it's this great the week of my birthday.

South Beach diet update: I finished phase one over a week ago now. I lost a net total that I think effectively got rid of the extra pounds I had put on over the winter. My clothes are fitting better again, which was part of my immediate goal. And I really do think I'm learning healthier habits in general, which makes the work worth it. Even though the cooking and planning is more complicated than before. Phase two has been nice because the food options are generally more convenient: sandwiches in whole wheat pitas, [high fiber] cereal and fruit for breakfast, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment