Sunday, October 11, 2009

Still Watching // Store Brand Coffee

I started watching Dollhouse because it was a Joss Whedon creation, and it was actually the first one of his shows I’d be watching as it was aired instead of on DVD. For once, I wasn’t a latecomer.

I keep watching it because it dares to ask questions about what personhood and personal responsibility really are, and what happens beyond the sphere of science (if anything), and there’s much more to be explored. Besides that, the story lines still manage to surprise me, and that’s a good thing. Reveals and twists really are omg moments. So, it may not be perfect - I'm not denying it has dark and morally ambiguous moments - but in my opinion it counts as compelling and intriguing storytelling. And I'm interested to see how Echo continues to change this season.

On a completely different note, I’ve been on a frugality kick. I think I'm learning the difference between being cautious and being strategic. It’s mostly been out of necessity, but I’m going to try to keep the good trends going. Why not buy the cheaper brand of bread, coffee, or whatever if it helps me save money cumulatively? But I do need to buy some more protein laden foods, and I think it’s okay to add a little variety. I’m going to try to keep eating out somewhat rarely. We’ll see how things go. Lunches might be PB&J this week, unless I make it to the store tomorrow. But it’s all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment