We all have our comfort foods. Macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, pizza, spaghetti, etc…they’re foods we return to time after time. They may not be healthy, but they feel dependable. Do you have comfort TV shows/movies like you have comfort food?
As a viewer, I think I do. Shows on my list include Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Lois and Clark: the New Adventures of Superman. I could name more, but I’ll keep it brief for illustration. Comfort movies: 10 Things I Hate About You, That Thing You Do, Catch Me If You Can, The King and I. I’m guessing we all have TV + movie picks that we return to, whether it’s to have some background content while working on homework or housework, or to re-live fond memories. [Speaking of food + tv, watching Heroes tends to make me hungry for waffles. The Bennets used to eat waffles like every other day.]
I realize that eventually there might be a TV season that doesn’t include a new or returning Stargate show, but thankfully we’re not there yet. Stargate Universe premieres in one week, and I’m excited to see it as part of this fall’s line-up.
Sometimes I watch movies from Netflix more than once before sending them back, especially if the theme resonates strongly with me. Yes Man would be a recent example of that. I also watched Volcano recently, for research purposes. I enjoyed it a lot, and cried a little bit too.
On another note, I’m not sure what constitutes blogging fodder these days. I‘ve noticed that I tend to post a lot more of my observations or comments as Twitter and Facebook updates than I used to. And I know I’m still not a big proponent of discussing anything very emotional, or any specifics of a job (or job hunt in this case) to the general Internet public. Ultimately, I generally think of it as a scrapbook of sorts to reflect on things I’m reading, watching, and learning…occasionally peppered with moments of life experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment