Sunday, July 12, 2009

L.A. Days 2-4

I don't think I'm going to have a post for every day here. There's too much intensity going on, in a good way. It was nice to have Thursday to get organized in the apartment and vaguely acclimated to the city and time change.

Here's a picture of the area somewhat near our apartment:


The opening retreat for our writing program started yesterday and goes until Monday afternoon. It's been a good experience meeting everyone and being in the sessions. A lot of mental and some verbal processing going on. Today (and 2x/week) we had (and will have) joint sessions with the Executive Track students.

I can't say how grateful I am to be in this community and for the learning experience that's ahead. I know it's just begun, and there's still a process of matching expectations with reality. I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses; I know there's a lot of hard work coming up. But I am enjoying each moment of the experience.

There have been so many confirmations that this is where I'm supposed to be and that I have a shared vision with this group. I look forward to seeing how the next 4 weeks will unfold, and what comes after that. Cautiously optimistic, one might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment