I've lived in the C-U area my whole life, but never taken advantage of going to Ebertfest. This year I decided to go. Why not experience part of such a rich local tradition? And I want to learn more about the industry.
This morning I went to a panel discussion called "Movie Making & Distribution in Times of Turmoil." It was informative, but not quite as relevant as I was hoping. They didn't talk about business models for Internet distribution (e.g., The Guild), which I hoped they might touch on. But I think it was still worth going to. Tomorrow morning (early), I'm going to the "Movies & Everyday Life" discussion. I'm pretty interested in that one - hopefully it will live up to my expectations.
I'm also going to two of the movie showings on Saturday. Thanks to my sis for getting the ball rolling and picking up tickets. I'm already glad I took the initiative to attend the parts of Ebertfest that my schedule allowed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment