Monday, April 27, 2009

Ebertfest recap, and prep homework for screenwriting

The 2nd Ebertfest panel discussion I attended was, as expected, more interesting to me than the previous one. As for film showings, I really enjoyed seeing The Fall and the Q&A afterward with Catinca Untaru, the female lead actor. Overall, I'm definitely glad it worked out to go to selected parts of the festival this year.

The Screenwriting Program I'll be a student at this summer sent me a list of preperatory homework to do before it starts. Not counting the recommended items (for summary's sake), there are 4 books to read, 11 movies to watch (if you count each installment of trilogies separately), and I need to study a couple of screenplays (aka scripts). There's also a list of shows to view if I intend to do the TV Track during the program.

Now that's what I call homework! I'm excited to start reading and watching what's on the list.

Amazon already delivered two of the books, and the other title I didn't previously own should be on its way as well.

2 comments:

  1. I could deal with that kind of homework... What movies/shows are you supposed to watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Required Movies:
    The Godfather
    Shawshank Redemption
    Star Wars IV, V, VI
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    The Passion of the Christ
    Lars and the Real Girl
    In America

    Required Shows: (Two or more episodes each)
    My Name Is Earl
    The Office
    Medium
    Grey’s Anatomy

    Recommended Films:
    As many as possible from AFI top 100 Films list and all Academy Award winning films for “best screenplay” and “best adapted screenplay”

    ReplyDelete