Monday, August 11, 2008

writing and organizing

The screenwriting workshop/conference last weekend went extremely well and was also really enjoyable. The handful of days were so rich with learning, shop talk, conversations, and more. One of the fun things about learning to make films is that you get to talk about and watch segments of many different movies. All in all, the parts I was stressed about beforehand went better than I feared, and I feel more encouraged, inspired, and confirmed in pursuing screenwriting as a direction - not full time at this point of course, but to at least keep learning and taking steps towards it when I can.

Because the teaching sessions were held at our house, and some guests stayed here too, there was a lot of cleaning and other house preparation to do. As a result, I finally got some of the pictures hung on my wall that I'd been putting off for a while. It looks really nice and polished now. During that process I also realized the need for a more organized room. So this week I bought two different organizers for my closet area. One was "some assembly required", and I put it together this afternoon. Getting that done was only the beginning of the whole process, but at least it was a manageable step I could check off towards a larger goal. And my closet arrangement is a little more usable.

No comments:

Post a Comment