Sunday, August 31, 2008

watching movies on tv

When we got DVR installed a few weeks ago, we also got a dish upgrade package, which includes a preview of several movie channels we don't normally get. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the greater variety of options and whatnot. But it's making me realize that I actually sometimes like watching movies on tv because of the commercials - even though the actual adds are annoying, it gives me the ability to multitask and take a break from the movie. Is that weird?

At the moment I'm watching the opening sequence for Deja Vu on one of these channels, and a huge explosion just happened. Was the explosion the inciting incident, or was the discovery of Claire? Anyway, I hope to have a slow moment in the film to catch some of the US Open. There were only about 2 lines of dialogue in the first 7 minutes. I wonder how much that has to do with genre. Now Val Kilmer's character appears. I think it's going to be an interesting movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment