Sunday, July 27, 2008

new camera, and other updates

New Camera
Yesterday I bought my first personal digital camera, a Canon Powershot A590. It's been great so far, and I think I got a pretty good price (though it was more expensive at the store than online). After Saturday church today, I went to Office Depot and bought new memory cards - the one it came with only stores 32MB, which isn't much at all. I'm excited about learning to use it more proficiently and to have it available for lots of picture-taking.

Freelance Writing
I've written two articles (for free) for a local organization's newsletter, and they have recently created a web presence. If anyone is interested in reading them, my stories appear in the Summer 2007 and Summer 2008 editions of the newsletter.

California Dreamin'
Part of me wishes I could have been at ComicCon in San Diego this past week. But if nothing else, it was geographically and financially unfeasible. And I have no idea if I'm even cut out for the convention experience. At least I've been able to read about what happened on a lot of the panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment