Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The path to reading Meatball Sundae

I first heard about Seth Godin when Wil Wheaton blogged about reading The Purple Cow a few years ago. To massively paraphrase, Wheaton said it was really insightful and helpful (I can't find the exact entry). I have now been reading Godin's blog for several months myself and appreciate his insightful content.

I finally borrowed Meatball Sundae from the library and read it all in essentially one sitting today. Though I can rarely afford 2.5 hours of uninterrupted reading, it was well worth it and enjoyable. The central message completely resonated with me. I was probably raised and steeped in the New Media culture/era more so than many, but the book is no less profound despite where I'm starting from. I sincerely hope I can learn, understand, and apply the aspects he mentions that I haven't assimilated yet at this point in life. Now the only question is, who should I recommend the book to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment