Probably the most interesting news this week was the 5.2 earthquake on Friday morning. What an exciting way to start off the day! I guess it was the biggest one we've had here in 40 years. It was cool...I definitely woke up for it (and then went back to sleep).
On Tuesday I got my taxes done and mailed on time, and thankfully they weren't quite as expensive as I was expecting. I'm glad we only have to do that once a year though. So complicated. Every year I tell myself I'm going to keep my records more organized.
Tuesday felt like one of the longest days ever, considering it's also the day I found out I wasn't accepted to the month-long summer screenwriting program in LA I had applied for in March. They didn't send me the notification email till about 8pm. I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed. I was really starting to hope for it. But I guess it does free up some time and money for other things. I'll just have to see what other opportunities I can pursue. And it's an annual thing, so maybe I will re-apply next year, and work on more scripts on the side in the meantime.
On Thursday I went shopping after work and found some nice spring/summer pieces. Most of it was on sale too! I realized that it might not be the best time of year to go shopping for pants. Everyone's shorts inventory has a lot more to choose from...and I wasn't shopping for shorts. But my shopping trip also made me realize I need to be more serious about losing weight. It's so frustrating to try on sizes that would have fit a few years ago, but now are too small. Plus I would be healthier at 10-20 lbs lighter.
The genuine spring weather was great last week, and I hope we get more of the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment