Saturday, January 19, 2008

strikes, blogs, and randomness

I support the WGA writer's strike. I really want them to get paid for online streaming content, and whatever else it is they're bargaining for. But I still watch some of my favorite shows as streaming content (does that make me a hypocrite)? I did not (and will not) watch the Lost webisodes that they've been promoting as a bridge between last season and the one that's about to start. Regardless, I really hope the AMPTP gives all the WGA writers a good deal...and soon.

Because I haven't mentioned it yet...I've subscribed to Seth Godin's blog for several months, and I just wanted to take a minute to say how much I like it. I had heard how great he was before I started reading it, but now I totally agree that he consistently writes with profundity. Some of them resonate more with me than others, but it's definitely worth reading. You can see some of the recent ones I've shared by going to my shared items.

On a more random note...
I haven't had time to watch any of the Australian Open yet this week.

I finally made time to paint my nails this week. It's always fun to have them be a new color, though I don't think it's the most professional-looking paint job I've ever done.

I can't wait for spring. I wish it were sunny mid-April. I'm already tired of the cold and the ice, not to mention my winter wardrobe.

I have a friend's baby shower to go to tomorrow. I think it's worth braving the possible near-zero windchill temps. I hope I can find a cute gift.

I've been watching Season 2 of The Office on Netflix (and enjoying it). They have unlimited online viewing now, so that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment