Friday, July 27, 2007

books, movies, scrabble, and more

The first week of July was Buy a Friend a Book Week (BAFAB) for this quarter. I first heard about it after the one in April, but sadly I wasn't able to really participate this month either even though I was aware of it. I'll admit, it may partly have been from indecision on my part. But also...I didn't have the street address of some of the people I considered buying books for...so that made it pretty hard to have something shipped there and still be a surprise. Maybe in October.

Despite the fact that I really honestly am trying to stick to a budget more closely, I just signed up for NetFlix, with a deal that got me some airline miles too. It's really not much of a monthly expenditure, and I can cut costs elsewhere. Anyway, the first movie in my queue is The Pursuit of Happyness. I just started watching The Office a few weeks ago, so I put Seasons 1 and 2 on there, near the bottom right now. If anyone has any movie or TV on DVD recommendations, please feel free to send them my way. Speaking of movies, No Reservations opens in theaters this weekend. I don't want to over-hype it, but it was so rich. Worth every dollar and every minute spent. It was so wonderful that it's #2 of my top 3 movies right now. (I saw it during the sneak preview weekend, apparently).

I'm really liking Scrabulous (online Scrabble), which has had a Facebook application interface for a few weeks now....and I prefer that over the original scrabulous site because they make you register an account now. It's so much simpler through Facebook. It might be one of my new hobbies.

I had a bad headache for half of this afternoon. I was relieved when it was mostly gone by the meeting we had at 7:00.

p.s. If anyone is interested, and hasn't or can't see them from my Facebook app, here are some of the recent things I'm sharing on my Google Reader Shared Items page. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment