Tuesday, July 31, 2007

upgrades and desserts

On Friday I did two things for my computer (the Dell Inspiron I bought in March) that I should have done months ago:
  • I figured out how to connect to our home network with it, and brought a network cable to my room. Hooray for easy access to the server again.
  • Installed MS Office. Until this weekend I had been surviving with Google Docs and Open Office, which are both great pieces of software, but not as compatible with the rest of the world as the MS Office programs are.
On a completely unrelated note, here is a photo of the trifle I made this week. I started the cake/fruit/jello layer(s) on Sunday afternoon, then finished with the custard and whipped cream layers yesterday.


I went to England for a few weeks during the summer of 1998 (I can't believe it's been 9 years already), and some of the people we stayed with served us this dessert a few times. I'm happy with the way my version turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment