Vampire Weekend's Contra album is perfect for today. It's both mellow and distinct.
My youngest sister is a junior in college, and she's a graphic design rock star. I might be biased, but I'm impressed by the designs I've seen in her portfolio. I hope she gets an awesome internship this summer!
Having the opportunity to hang out with that same sister and a couple of her friends recently has reminded me of how easy it was to make and spend time with friends during college. Say what you will, but it's just different afterward (especially for introverts). It was a lot of fun to spend a spontaneous Sunday afternoon hanging out with some of the siblings and the new German friend. Even losing at pool brought back some fun memories.
I know several people who ran the Illinois Marathon (or Half Marathon) last weekend. I am impressed by the time and commitment they put into the training and the effort it took for the race itself. Last year, I chose to go looking at garage sales for furniture the day of the marathon, carpooling with a friend who lived on the route. That was not the smartest idea, so I made sure not to do it again this year.
I don't think I've posted here since my second nephew was born. He's here, he's adorable, and it's already clear he has a different personality than his brother.
Now that spring seems to be here with a little more consistency, I should play tennis soon whenever it's not rainy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment