Yesterday, I had my appointment, and it was great. I genuinely enjoyed it. My trainer was nice; he took me through a bunch of exercises, and some of them were a little hard, but I didn't feel like I overdid it. Maybe he was just being easy on me this session ... I don't know. Right after I got home yesterday, I felt like I worked out, but I wasn't dead tired. Which is awesome. Maybe I was doing it wrong before. Today I'm a little sore, but in a good way. It's not unbearable, and it proves I did something right.
I think the problem that perpetuated my former on-again, off-again gym schedule is that I would go for the first time in a while, overdo it, burn out, wait a while, repeat. So I never really got into a rhythm or learned techniques, especially once my schedule no longer worked to go with people like the bro-in-law or other friends who were more fitness literate than me.
So, before I left the gym yesterday, I had such a good experience that I signed up (read: paid for) three more training sessions. I'm a little sad (intimidated) that those will be with a female trainer, but maybe I'll get along with her too. And her schedule was more flexible than the guy who trained me this weekend.
I guess the bottom line is that even though I'm actually spending more money than I was before, maybe this accountability and education is what I need to get a little more fitness in my life. I'm ready to give it a try and see what happens. Time will be the tell...
So, before I left the gym yesterday, I had such a good experience that I signed up (read: paid for) three more training sessions. I'm a little sad (intimidated) that those will be with a female trainer, but maybe I'll get along with her too. And her schedule was more flexible than the guy who trained me this weekend.
I guess the bottom line is that even though I'm actually spending more money than I was before, maybe this accountability and education is what I need to get a little more fitness in my life. I'm ready to give it a try and see what happens. Time will be the tell...

Ooh fun! My sis-in-law Beth and I joined the gym out here and LOVE it! We actually exclusively do classes now and it's been a blast. Zumba, Pilates and Yoga. Hope you enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Marie! My gym doesn't have classes, but that definitely sounds fun too.
ReplyDelete