The closer I get to thirty, the more I realize my hope for when I would potentially have a family is remarkably similar to Rachel's plan in this clip from Friends (below). I totally get where she was coming from now. But who knows how real life will play out at this point...
In another case of art and life reflecting each other, I saw "The Wedding" episode of HIMYM yesterday (from season 1), where Ted says he always checks plus one on wedding invitations, and then this time he invites Robin to go with him to the event in question. Recently, I've deliberated more about what option I should check off for the weddings I get invited to. The opening voiceover hit so close to home. Maybe it's because I'm actually single and in my late twenties now, like the people on both of these shows are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment