Anton Chekhov said, "Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." Well said, sir. I can't wait until I have the skill to do that in every phrase, every line, every paragraph.
Sunshine Moments
Saturday, over lunch, I had the opportunity to catch up with a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in almost two years. We had a lovely time, ate delicious food, and, dare I say, encouraged each other. We ate at one of the restaurants in town I've wanted to check out for a while.
As usual, my adorable nephew is adorable. It's so fun seeing him develop more and more skills and personality. Even though he only speaks a few words of English (versus baby talk), he's very communicative.
Ideas (and Culture)
I think it's kind of fascinating that the main questions asked by Inception are what is reality, and are you going to take a leap of faith? The question about reality seems to be in the Zeitgeist right now, or at least in what I've been reading/watching. And even if inception in the sense that the film portrays it is fiction, ideas really are powerful. Like DiCaprio's character says, perhaps they have the power to define or destroy us.
I recently finished watching the original Terminator movies for the first time, and this weekend I watched Die Hard for the first time, too. I'm working on seeing all the movies from the list of ones you should have seen (because they are iconic/innovative/significant, etc.). Yes, I realize the Terminator movies aren't generally part of that list, but they're definitely a part of movie culture that I had missed out on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment