1. On the way home from vacation, I found a recipe for a pasta/tomato/cheese dish in Real Simple magazine. I didn't have time to make it until tonight, but it turned out really well. It was both healthy and delicious. Here's a picture of the result:
![]() |
| From life, writing, and observations |
2. I'm so happy that by doing the South Beach diet since late March (and getting a stomach flu or something), I've been able to lose more weight than I thought I would. I feel more confident about my body, and I've returned to a smaller pant size. Always a good thing.
3. I was able to visit L.A. over the holiday weekend. I had a good time with friends, and, among other things, I got to see the philharmonic play before (and during) fireworks at the Hollywood Bowl. I was also pleasantly surprised that I didn't get lost - in fact I had a relatively good sense of direction by Sunday. The GPS helped, but my own mental map did quite well. I might not be as fast as all the drivers on the freeways there, but traffic wasn't too horrible most of the time.


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete