Tuesday, March 23, 2010

menu makeover

I started the South Beach Diet today. I ate two of the quick veggie quiches for breakfast, some of the suggested snacks, and chicken and romaine for lunch. I actually baked fish for dinner. All of the foods have been basically tasty so far.

Planning and making foods ahead of time is the hardest part on workdays, especially since it's a decent amount of ingredients I didn't have stocked until this past weekend. It was kind of an epic grocery shopping trip. You're not supposed to eat fruit for the first 2 weeks, and I think I might accidentally do that before I would accidentally eat bread or pasta. But I'll make it work.

Splenda in coffee is okay. I might even get used to it. The aftertaste reminds me of after I've been to the dentist.

I know this is going to make life a little more complicated for the next 13 days, but I'm motivated. Yes, I want to lose some of the pounds I've gained, but even more than that, I want to learn how to eat a lower glycemic index diet for the rest of my life. That seems to be the healthiest thing, and it's time to stop putting it off--even if I temporarily lose motivation at points along the way.

Here's to baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment