Sunday, November 8, 2009

14 Days of Reading, New Books, and a Downtown Fave

They say that to become a better screenwriter you should read a lot of scripts. I try to remember to do that regularly. Go Into The Story, one of the blogs I follow, is doing the 14 Days of Screenplays (v 3.0) challenge. It starts this Monday, and the deal is you have to read one script per day. Not too impossible. Some are older and some are pretty new. The list includes The Apartment, Wall*E, Aliens, and more. I'm excited. Since it's hosted on a blog, there also will be the opportunity for discussion.

I'm planning to do the reading, and I hope I will also have time to join in on the conversation at some point. If anyone else reading this is going to do the 14 Days, let me know.

I was on a spending freeze for a few months there, which meant I basically didn't buy anything besides essential groceries and of course paying the rent and utilities. Now that I have income, I let myself buy a couple of writing books from Amazon in the past few weeks. The one I ordered yesterday (for a good price) was A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. Now I just have to wait for delivery.

On Friday night, the siblings and I went downtown to hang out with the cousin who's in town for the weekend. Good times were had by all, but possibly the best part: fried cheese curds at Seven Saints. If you try them, you'll be amazed too. It was a fun kickoff to the weekend.

1 comment: