I realized this morning, and mentioned to one of my roommates, that the Netflix DVDs I've had at home this week all include "man" in the title: Mad Men Season 1 Discs 1 & 2, Iron Man, Yes Man. It was completely unintentional though. To quote Billy (aka Dr. Horrible), "what a crazy random happenstance!"
I updated my Netflix queue to include the remaining movies on the list of 55 Fundamental Films given to us this summer that I haven't seen before (or in a while). I also added a few more movies that we watched clips of in class that I want to see the rest of. I'm excited to continue my education.
I saw an article, I Will Not Read Your "Effing" Script, by Josh Olson linked to today by four writing/screenwriting bloggers I read. Not just one or two, but four. vier. cuatro. That's kind of a trend.
Whether you agree with everything he says in the article or not, what I took away from it was an emphasis on seriously doing the work it takes to be a good writer and know the craft, and a caution to not be presumptuous. I don't know precisely how common his expressed opinions are, but it sure makes me want to keep developing the professionalism and excellence I already value.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment