Sunday, September 6, 2009

Listing Summer + Fall, and Atlantis

I've tried to frame this post several ways, but in the end I really can't predict how it's going to be read. At the very least, it's a flexible, growing collection of some things I want to remember and share.

Things I miss about LA
  • Act One friends: fellow writers + creatives
  • Daily sunshine
  • In ‘N Out Burger, Baja Fresh, Sharkey’s
  • The WGA Library
  • Concerts, shows, LA Farmer’s Market...
  • Exploring the city
I really like the fact that I can now watch shows set in LA and recognize the locations they mention, or at least have a frame of reference for them. On the other hand, I'm okay with missing the recent fires.

What I’m enjoying in Illinois
  • Hanging out with the nephew
  • Sharing life with friends + family here
  • Cheaper rent, gas, groceries, movie tickets…
  • Having my own bedroom and bathroom
  • Illini sports: orange and blue forever
  • Knowing where everything is
What I want to do this fall
  • Join + participate in local filmmaker’s group (in progress: already joined Yahoo group)
  • Work hard at whatever job I find; save money
  • Work on my spec script(s)
  • Share time, food, drink, and laughter with people
  • Read books
  • Enjoy local music
  • Visit LA?
  • Play piano?
On another note, I'm glad Hulu finally posted the last 5 episodes of Stargate Atlantis Season 5. I've been wanting to re-watch them for months, specifically Vegas (5 x 19).

No comments:

Post a Comment