I think the most important thing to remember is that there is no one path that will lead you to be a successful writer, or a successful anything in Hollywood. Some people go to grad school. some don't. Some people work as assistants. Some don't. Some have important relatives. Some don't. You have to do what makes sense for you, and try to position yourself in the best way possible so that you can achieve what you want. At this stage, focus on learning as much as you can about the industry and your craft (emphasis mine).You can read the whole post at Amanda's blog.
What she suggests to do is exactly what I'm doing. For those who haven't heard through Facebook or otherwise, I am going to LA in July for just over four weeks to go to an intensive screenwriting program. Until then, I'm doing the pre-homework they assigned me to learn about the craft and industry.
Her post is just one source of further confirmation that I really am going the right direction for this phase of my life. I expect great things, but I know it will take a lot of determination and hard work.

No comments:
Post a Comment