Sunday, September 30, 2007

inertia

As you'll know if you've read my profile info, I work as a communications assistant, but you might not know that my hours there are just over half-time. Theoretically I'm pursuing freelance writing opportunities with my other "work-week" hours, but until recently I haven't taken much initiative with that. A friend challenged me recently, wondering if it's really what I want to do with my career, why am I not pursuing it more actively and taking practical steps?

Good question.

I have a few plausible article ideas newly saved on my hard drive, and hope to find markets for them before long. I am taking steps, and trying to stay motivated. The several articles I had published last calendar year (sadly, none are online) were a good start to a clip collection, but that doesn't mean I can rest on my laurels. Even though I've had a byline and I've been paid for my pieces, there's a lot of room for expansion.

I also hope posting here a little more often could be helpful. I want to improve my blogging skills, and maybe even build an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment