Sunday, September 30, 2007

i read it in the newspaper...and other topics

I learned from the paper today that Jennie Garth is from the C-U area, and in fact took dance lessons at the same studio my sisters did (though several years earlier). I never watched 90210, which I guess is what she's most famous for, but I liked her character on What I Like About You, and she's now on the current season of Dancing With the Stars.

I made some cranberry orange scones yesterday and they turned out well. I'm excited to have those around for breakfast and snacks this week - they're one of my favorite pastries.

I'm still liking my new haircut, and trying to find fun things to do with it.

I need to get back to the gym, and/or running, and/or planning times to play tennis with people...

I'm somewhat of a wannabe geek, though I don't know that I'll ever get there. At the moment I bring this up because I enjoy reading Wil Wheaton's work, and he recently released a new book (The Happiest Days of Our Lives). I knew I wanted to buy it, and it just happens that I checked the ordering site, Monolith Press soon enough after the page was live that I was the first online order placed for the book! Yeah, that's a little cool. The even more cool part is that I got an email from Wil telling me I was the first order. Even if I'm not necessarily interested in every single topic he writes about, and I have different views than him on certain things, the way he writes is very engaging. I'm happy to support his writing.

One last thing: the refrigerator in our kitchen was broken for 5-6 weeks (I think). Regardless of the actual time, it felt long. Repairmen came twice without successfully fixing it, but as of this past Thursday it is now fixed and cooling our food once again. There will be fewer trips to the basement or garage for food, and that's just awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Fun updates! And cranberry orange scones sound really yummy!
    Who's Will Wheaton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! and yes they are good :). It's a pretty easy recipe, maybe I'll post the link later.

    He's an actor/writer/blogger. There's actually a link to his blog on my sidebar. He was in Stand by Me in the 80s, and Star Trek The Next Generation in the late 80s and early 90s...I guess I should have intro'd him better in the entry.

    ReplyDelete