Life has been really busy lately, but I'm surviving. I got to visit the new Starbucks on Monday afternoon, and that evening I had a fun time hanging out at the pool with a few of my friends. And tomorrow is Friday. I want to see the Nanny Diaries but I don't think I'll get there for at least another week or two. Oh well.
Reasons I like reading (Stargate producer/writer) Joe Mallozzi's blog:
He updates every day.
He talks a little about the show (enough but not too much).
He's a foodie.
He has a fun sense of humor.
A few reasons (among many) I like reading Sharon Shinn's fiction:
She communicates emotions and relationships subtly but genuinely, even beautifully.
Her descriptions aren't clunky, but as a reader you don't feel like you're missing significant details.
The details of all the different plot lines are handled masterfully, and are not entirely predictable.
The characters are realistic and relatable but not mundane.
I pre-ordered the 4th book in the Twelve Houses series that comes out in November.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Definitely go see Nanny Diaries! It was really funny, but also kinda depressing as you saw the really depressing lives of the Upper East Side mums... But it's funny!
ReplyDeletei have a bit of a different opinion. i didn't like nanny diaries. i thought the writing was poor. there are a few scenes that are great, esp if you were every a nanny, but i think overall, if focuses on the problems with the moms not the problems that the kids have. and from my experience, kids have a lot more tantrums than the movie portrays.
ReplyDelete