I just used Google Reader for the first time ever today, and I think I like it. For now it’s only subscribed to blogs I read that are hosted on blogspot (or wordpress in one case). I’m not planning to switch more there yet, but who knows what will happen.
My newsfeed from mediabistro.com gave me this article from the American Journalism Review about the intersection of blogs and traditional journalism. I think it’s pretty interesting, and I’m glad someone is keeping that conversation current.
Lately I’ve been in the mood to re-read books. I finished my second reading of Doomsday Book over the weekend - which I highly recommend, by the way. Last night I selected blink to at least read the highlights of again.
I might have mentioned a few weeks ago that I’m reading Book Proposals That Sell. It is so good, because it not only tells you how to write a great proposal, it also shows you the publishing process from the perspective of editors and publishing houses, and encourages authors to cultivate relationships with editors appropriately. I’ve also started reading a few more authors’ blogs. I’m trying to take what advice or inspiration from them I can, combine it with a dose of seizing the moment, and (among other things) get some articles out there to get sold to a national magazine. It can’t be an impossible task, but I have to approach it with confidence and quality. It’s easy to say I’ll have a thriving career “someday”, but I have to do the keyboard time and the legwork now, even if it’s not glamorous or quick. That’s my most recent perspective I guess.
By the way, if any of my CCK friends are reading this blog, or my blog at wblue, I'd love a comment. Well, I love comments anyway, but I also like knowing who's reading what ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment