Thursday, January 13, 2011

various musings

On Tuesday, I watched this video from a recent L.A. Creative Mornings talk. The speaker talked about finding something you're passionate about and making it part of your life and about changing up your routine--find a different approach, go a different way. I was inspired; it's worth a watch.

I'm not a big fan of winter in Illinois: cold weather, ice, and snow. I will be so happy when spring arrives. But I have thought of one benefit: grocery shopping is easier. Since the temps are usually near or below freezing, no one has to hurry home quite so fast to get their freezer or dairy products back into cold storage. It's not like they're going to melt in the trunk.

If anyone ever asks me to design a vending machine, I know what I want it to include. SunChips, roasted almonds, and Triscuits instead of pretzels and donuts. Beet chips and sweet potato chips instead of traditional potato chips. Luna bars and low-sugar granola bars instead of Pop-Tarts. The tuna lunch packs can stay. And it definitely needs a whole row of Frappuccinos.

2 comments:

  1. I met a girl named Maria who knows you from Act One. And do you know my friend Jen Gia, too? We were all chatting about how much we like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know them both! They are great! Tell them hi for me next time.

    ReplyDelete