Sunday, September 12, 2010

happy moments and shopping finds

I have so much fun hanging out with my nephew! I babysat him on Thursday and had time to hang out with him a few other days last week. Spending time with him is refreshing, because he's often experiencing the joy of discovery. I had a dream the other night that he was speaking in full sentences and entertaining us with his wittiness. I'm guessing it'll be a while still until that happens, but I'm already impressed by how much he can communicate with gestures, nods, and the few words he can pronounce. And he's so observant. He's an awesome toddler, and I think his parents are doing a great job raising him. (I guess I might be a little biased.)

Earlier this spring, I didn't think I was going to have that many weddings to go to this year. But then I did! For one of the receptions I went to in August, the youngest sis and I were part of the bridal party. It was a really fun day! Here's a photo of us and the other girls.



Last Saturday I bought a few home decor items to add to my apartment. I framed some photos, and here's a picture of the decorative tin sign I got for the kitchen. It was on sale (50% off) at Hobby Lobby. I guess I picked a good day to go shopping!



I've never owned a leather jacket before. I've never really found one that went with my body type and fashion aesthetic that was worth spending the money on. But yesterday I found one that I liked, and I had a giftcard left from my birthday to pay for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment