I made waffles today for what ended up being a late lunch (rather than brunch). I topped them with sugar-free syrup and fresh raspberries instead of the jam pictured in the recipe. When they finally got done, they were good. Unfortunately, thanks to the severe headache I soon developed, my stomach didn't retain its contents. But I really don't think it was the waffle's fault. And now I have something to heat up in the toaster for breakfasts this week. I should also mention that this is the first time I've been able to make waffles since I moved here, because I bought a wafflemaker for a two dimes and a nickel at a garage sale last month.
Speaking of eating, The South Beach Diet is still going pretty well in general. I made some exceptions during my birthday week, but I think it was worth it. And I'm still being careful most days. My short-term goal was to lose the weight I put on from boredom and stress eating over the fall and winter. I'm pretty sure I've already done that and a bit more, so at least I don't have to buy a new summer wardrobe for that reason. I'm also encouraged that my blood chemistry is probably healthier in general and I don't feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. So, we'll see how it goes in the long run, but I'm confident this has already been a valuable lifestyle change.
After vanquishing the headache with some Target-brand migraine relief, I've been getting some things done like cleaning, doing loads of laundry, and other details. I meant to put together a bookshelf too, but I don't think I'm strong enough. Maybe I need an electric screwdriver?
Witty, exciting books make me happy. I love authors who can do something fresh within a genre I already like: fantasy, in this case. I'm rereading War for the Oaks on my lunch breaks. It's beautifully written, and it reads almost like a movie (in a good way). I may have said this last time I read it, but I'm so glad my sis's class assigned it and then she encouraged me to read it the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Fun things! Except for the headache. That's great the SB diet is working for you! I feel like I need to revamp my whole eating - it's healthy-ish but needs a lot of improvement and following a specific weekly food diet might be helpful! Do you make all the recipes yourself?
ReplyDeleteMarie, sorry it took me so many days to reply to your comment!
ReplyDeleteYes, for South Beach they have a few different cookbooks, so you can cook it all and it's a little bit flexible if you need it to be. Let me know if you have other questions :)