Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day Nine

Today was day nine of South Beach phase one. My reflections so far?

I spent a lot of time in the kitchen during week one. Like I mentioned, I bought a lot of veggies and whatnot at the beginning, so I wanted to be economical and use them up. It was hard to spend so much time and energy cooking.

But the great thing is that the food has all been really tasty: crab cobb salad with blue cheese, baked orange roughy in ginger garlic sauce, and scrambled eggs with veggies on the weekends (among others). I'm planning ahead more and choosing ingredients carefully, but the food doesn't lack taste.

(Thanks to Laura for suggesting I didn't have to give up my morning caffeinated coffee. Best choice ever.)

The other cool thing is that I have actually lost weight, and I feel like it's been in the healthiest way possible. I almost wonder if cutting 99 percent of processed sugars and all bread and pasta out of my diet for two weeks is like a vacation for my system. I had two days over the weekend that I didn't lose even an ounce. It was a little disappointing even though my ultimate goal is not just the numbers. But anyway, I stuck to the guidelines, and today I had lost some again. At the same time, not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to adding a little more variety back into menus starting on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment