One of the recent times I was getting food to keep in my cubicle (the snack kind, or the microwavable lunch options that preserve well), I decided to get cans of white chicken chunks instead of one of those nice resealable packets. I went with the cans because they were cheaper. But the problem is that the cans don't have a tab to open it, so I'm basically stuck with un-openable cans of chicken. It's so inconvenient. I don't keep a can opener at work, and I don't really want to start bringing one either, though I suppose I could. Probably I will bring them back and see if I can exchange them at the grocery store, if I remember to take them out of my drawer sometime.
I think the moral of the story is that you should use a little common sense when trying to save $1 or $2. Keeping the practicality of an option in mind really does matter.
As I was looking up "thrifty" to make sure it was the term I wanted to use in the title for this entry, I opened m-w.com. I really like that site as an online dictionary, but it always seems to crash my Firefox on this computer. I don't know why, but I guess I need to remember not to use it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yeah for tuna! I've started eating cans of tuna too, but at home, so I have a can opener. Though two cans that I bought had those easy open tab things so I didnt' need a can opener!
ReplyDeleteYay for can openers! And you totally called me out on a typo. I wrote chicken twice and tuna once (now erased). Oops. The meat in question was chicken...and I still have not resolved the issue.
ReplyDelete